Click the pic for directions to St. Peter's United Methodist Church
Worship Time: 10:15am
240 Sunbury Road, Riverside, PA 17868
Welcome to our website. At St. Peter's we are discovering what God is doing through people like you and me.
If you are wondering "why Jesus?" or "why church?" you are invited to explore our website. And who knows? You might discover that St. Peter's is the church you and your family have been looking for.
Our Sunday morning worship service is at 10:15am and if you have children we have childcare available during our worship hour. We are a safe sanctuary congregation. All our childcare staff have criminal and child abuse clearances.
Our worship experience is blended, a mix of traditional and contemporary worship styles and we use multimedia. We are a United Methodist Church committed to walking in the footsteps of Jesus. Hope to see you worshiping with us soon.
A Lenten Journey
“Hear me, you heavens! Listen, earth! For the LORD has spoken ...” Isaiah 1:2
Christ Jesus invites us to take this Lenten Journey with him, so that each one of us might consider what it means to be his follower.
Commit yourself to Christ as his servant. Give yourself to him that you may belong to him. Christ has many services to be done. Some are more easy and honorable; others are more difficult and disgraceful. Some are suitable to our inclinations and interests. Others are contrary to both. In some we may please Christ and please ourselves, but then there are other works where we cannot please Christ except by denying ourselves.
Our theme for our journey this year is: “Isaiah: The Magnificent Prophet.” This sermon series will focus on the life and work of Jesus through the lens of Isaiah. Isaiah is hailed as the greatest of the Hebrew prophets. He was also the single most influential prophet for early Christians. Jesus’ ministry was shaped by his reading of Isaiah, and the early Church understood Jesus to be the fulfillment of Isaiah’s messianic prophecies. Join us each week as we seek to hear God’s word for our lives through Isaiah’s timeless message.
Isaiah: The Magnificent Prophet
Join us every Sunday Morning at 10:15AM as we journey toward Easter.
1. March 9th - It’s a Gift. Luke 18:9-14 - “All are accountable to God.”
2. March 16th - Isaiah’s Difficult Message. Isaiah 1:1-4 - “Hear me, you heavens! Listen, earth! For the LORD has spoken ...”
3. March 23rd - On Eagle’s Wings. Isaiah 40:1-5, 31 - “Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.”
4. March 30th - Worship and the Lives We Live. Isaiah 58;3-8 - “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen …”
5. April 6th - The Suffering Servant. Isaiah 53:3-6 - “Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering …”
6. April 13th (Palm Sunday) - The Triumph of God. Luke 24:13-27, Isaiah 65:17-19, 25 - “And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.”
Our Website is presently under construction, so check back often for updates and new pages.
Grace & Peace,
Rev. Dr. Donald N. Hurley
Phone: (570) 275-1304